Friday, March 25, 2011

Writing Assignment # 5 - Welcome to My Life

"Welcome to My Life" by Tina Lei
An autobiographical book about the life of a grade 11 teenager

There is no story that I know better, than my very own. I can articulate this plot very well because it is current, extremely personal, and raw. I would not want to write a detailed, fictitious story because it would require much time to plan out and, as the genre suggests, fake.

In my book, I'd like to take the reader on a roller-coaster ride through the life of an insanely busy grade 11 Massey student (i.e. Moi). I'd recount all my academic endeavours, extracurricular clubs and activities, my job, and volunteering positions I've held. I want to discuss in-depth the frustrations I've had with some people, challenges that I've faced, and achievements that I've made throughout the entire year. Themes that I would definitely include are the lack of sincerity in this world (which I've written multiple essays on before), the unhealthy competition among students, and plain old stress. The main message that I'd like to get across is to stay strong and tackle life as it comes at you.

This book would be extremely relevant to many of my peers because it will aptly describe the typical high school life at Massey - without any exaggerations or lies. I guess this book, if I ever do come around to writing it, would mainly serve as a way to vent my emotions. Better yet, I hope that those who can relate to my story will realize that they aren't going through these issues alone. My book would contain a specific message just like how SH5 does, except mine will be told using nothing but the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment